Tuesday 1 November 2011

A starting point...

I, like most, tend to fail miserably at New Year's Resolutions. Sometimes I out and out break them, mostly I just forget all about them by mid-April. This year has been no exception, I'm  fairly sure I made at least five, but I can only remember three of them. One is  complete; visit two countries I've never  been to  before.  A  summer break to Madrid and an Autumn jaunt to Cologne has seen to that nicely. I've failed the second; stop buying avocados then letting them go mushy and brown before throwing them away. There's one in the fridge right now that's been decomposing for several weeks. I love avocados, I just never seem to have anything for them to go with.

My third resolution (that  I can remember) was to start writing a food blog. It shouldn't 've been  difficult; I love food, I cook both for a living and pleasure, and when I'm not cooking I'm usually thinking  about it  or yabbering  on to  someone about it or  shopping for it or reading  about  it (you get the  picture) yet here I  am, two  months of  twenty eleven left and I've still not got round to it.

That's me. Useless as ever.


So in my attempt to suceed at not just  one but TWO of my New Year's resolutions, here it is. My blog. Recipes,  photos and  general kitchen-based witterings to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment